9.00 – 9.20: Registration
9.30 – 10.15 : Opening session: keynote speeches
- More information following soon
10.30-12.00: Workshops morning session
- Workshop 1: LGBTI 101 – An introduction course on LGTBI topics –What do LGBTI and SOGIESC meanAn interactive introduction course on Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity & Expression and Sex Characteristics.
- Workshop 2: Inclusive recruitment – In this workshop you will learn what inclusive recruitment is and why it is important. We’ll provide you with tips and tricks on how to recruit in an inclusive way. By combining the perspective of the job seeker with that of the employer you get a more holistic understanding of the recruitment process.
- Workshop 3: Trans at work – This workshop will show you what obstacles transgender people face on a daily base and what you as an employer can do to alleviate the situation. We’ll focus both on implementing policy and infrastructural changes in general as on supporting transgender employees throughout their transition.
12.00 – 13.00: Lunch
13.00 – 13.45: Panel discussions – Moderated by Kat Van Nuffel – Steptoe/Founder LDIA
- Panelmember 1 : Andrea Ayala – Salvadoran lawyer and Human Rights Defender.
14.00 – 15.30: Workshops afternoon session
- Workshop 4: LGBT labour dignity through the SDGs – This workshop will introduce you to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), present the business case and link them with LGBTI+ inclusivity in the workplace. A good practice will be presented as well as a scoop of KliQ and çavaria’s newest e-learning project.
- Workshop 5: Diversity as an indispensable asset – Introducing our newest card game, TeamWorks, developed to encourage you as a player to learn to see diversity as an indispensable asset to a team. The game is the perfect starting point for discussing the impact of unconscious bias in your workplace and how to counter it.
- Workshop 6: How to start a Diversity Network – This workshop will explain the steps you have to take to start a diversity network, what the pitfalls may be and how diversity networks are beneficial to your company and employees. LGBT networks of companies in Belgium will share their best practices and how they experienced their start-up.
15.30 – 15.45: Coffee break
15.45 – 16.30: Award ceremony: who are the most inclusive employers and who will receive the award for diversity initiative of the year
- Award handing over and final word by Minister of Work and Equal Opportunities Wouter Beke
16.30 – 17.30: Reception & Network opportunities
About the conference
The KliQ Works Conference 2019 aims to boost LGBTI inclusive recruitment practices. Hands-on examples and best practices will raise awareness and inspire participants to change their recruitment process. By bringing together participants from all walks of life it will bridge the gap between job seeker and recruiter, between activist and manager, between the LGBTI community and the business world.